The Amazon Environmental Research Institute International Program is seeking a part-time consultant for a 12-month term focused on agricultural, forestry, and forest carbon policy in Indonesia that could evolve into a permanent full-time position. The Policy Analyst will undertake targeted policy analysis to identify potential linkages between agricultural commodity production and REDD+ and other forest carbon/climate finance mechanisms under the auspices of a global program focusing on responsible commodity roundtables and forest carbon finance.
The successful candidate will:
– Conduct research on agricultural policy and credit mechanisms, including low emissions rural development initiatives, in Indonesia ;
– Conduct research on the opportunities for and barriers to addressing the agricultural drivers of deforestation and forest degradation;
– Contribute to comparative analysis of agricultural, agricultural finance, forestry, and climate policy for multiple tropical nations;
– Contribute to technical articles, fact sheets and policy briefs based on this research in support of IPAM’s overall communication strategy;
Qualifications and Experience:
– PhD or Master’s plus 2+ years experience in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Policy, Forest Policy or closely related field
– Experience in research on policy issues related to agricultural production, natural resources, rural development, climate change, forestry, and markets and trade
– Familiar with issues concerning Indonesian agriculture and land-use policy
– Familiarity with REDD and carbon markets and finance is a plus
– Ability to work across disciplines
– Excellent written and spoken Indonesian and English
Application deadline: April 7, 2012 or until filled
Desired start date: ASAP
Appointment, Location: This is a one-year, part-time consultancy appointment with the possibility to extend and increase to a full-time appointment. The consultant is expected to be based in Indonesia with some travel within Indonesia as well as to international meetings, as necessary. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Application Instructions: Please send cover letter referencing Job# 1302CDN, curriculum vitae, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com. Please reference Job# 1302CDN in the subject line of the email.
The Amazon Environmental Research Institute International Program (IPAM-IP) is a non-profit organization that conducts research, policy analysis, and capacity‐building in support of low-emission rural development and natural resource conservation in the developing world. With offices in San Francisco, IPAM-IP acts as the international arm of the Instituto de Pesquisa Ambiental da Amazônia (IPAM), a non-governmental organization headquartered in Brazil with a seventeen year history of ecological research and sustainable development initiatives in the Amazon. For more information on IPAM International Program, please visit http://www.ipam.org.br/programas/item/IPAM-IP-International-Program/8.